Config.ini and font size

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
rdwray

Config.ini and font size

Post by rdwray »

Is there a way in config.ini to set the font size for "Book Search" and "Bible Search" view popups?
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
JG

Re: Config.ini and font size

Post by JG »

No there isn't a config.ini setting for font size in popups.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Then is it possible to unhook the connection between "Book Search" and "Bible Search" font size? I have Book Search font at one size and Bible Search at another size and I cannot set the independently.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
JG

Post by JG »

@Costas, comment please.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

The data has to be stored somewhere...
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Ok, let me say it with a picture; the top one is Bible Search and bottom is Book Search:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (30.45 KiB) Viewed 2788 times
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Correct me if I'm wrong but that appears to be a pop-up window. I believe all pop-up windows are controlled through a "shift while the pop-up is open", then "ctrl + scroll wheel on the mouse" or something similar. I don't think you can change them based on if they are a search pop-up, book popup, or Bible pop-up. I believe it is a setting for pop-ups globally. I could be wrong but that is what I see.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

That's true, but the "Bible Search" and "Book Search" view have a common attribute when it comes to text size, if you adjust one, it adjusts the other.

I am quickly finding out that TW is not designed for high resolution monitors. I just downloaded a new install and I cannot get the "File > Preferences > Bible Texts" to work at all.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I have the font settings working now, but the Book and Bible view searches are still connected, but they are the same size now; I had to download a new install to make this happen.
I just downloaded a new install and I cannot get the "File > Preferences > Bible Texts" to work at all.
I don't know what the problem with this was, but I copied by old KJV over to the new install and it started working. At this point, everything is satisfactory, but it would be nice to make the popup search fonts sizes the same as the book or bible they are searching rather than interconnected to each other. The other problem is the text size on the "Hyperlink" dialog need to be increased or made sizable by the use; it would be better if it followed system fonts.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Well everything is working after a new install and several hours of head scratching. :D
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

The final assessment is that the problem was in the config.ini file. After installing a new copy of TW and configuring it, I copied the config.ini file to the old install and the problem in it went away. I also noticed that even the the configuration of the toolbars is held in the config file, so all I can conclude is that it is smart to back it up.