Search the Bible Problem

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
PaulG

Search the Bible Problem

Post by PaulG »

For many years I have been using theWord and love it. I have always used F3 to access a Bible search. Suddenly it no longer works. I can still do the search by clicking View and selecting Search the Bible, but this is not so convenient. F2 still works to search books. I have reinstalled theWord but the problem remains.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Paul Grieve.
JG

Re: Search the Bible Problem

Post by JG »

Working for me.
Perhaps it is a program that you have recently installed or had active at the time that has effected it.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

Jon,

Also works for me.

Roy
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Thanks, guys, for replying. I have tried the program with nothing else active and still no joy. I can use theWord from a memory stick and the search facility works fine. It's just the version loaded on my laptop that is giving the hassle.
Paul.
JG

Post by JG »

Sorry to repeat, I just want to get this correct in my mind.

Laptop version, F3 key does not work. If you use a version on a memory stick in that laptop, the F3 works?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Correct. It works on a memory stick but not on the laptop.
Paul
JG

Post by JG »

could you please zip and upload your config.ini from the laptop installation.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Where do I find the config.ini file?
Paul
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

I can't find the config.ini file. However, I have just discovered a strange phenomenon when I press F3: the last item saved to the clipboard pops up in a window! When I right-click on the window I get an option to destroy this but even when it is destroyed when I press F3 it pops up again!
JG

Post by JG »

Easiest way to navigate to it (because the folder is hidden by Windows by default) is to start theWord, go to main menu Help -> About.. File locations tab.
Click on the ... at the end of the Personal files folder, and it will take you there
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Thanks so much. I have found the file and will attach the zip.
Further to my previous comments, this morning I have used theWord from my flash drive and now find that even with that I can't open the search panel using F3!
Paul.
Attachments
config.zip
(13.67 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
JG

Post by JG »

Maybe it is something as obvious as the F3 key is not working...
I did not find any issue with config.ini when I used it.

Maybe you should try the key function by using this online tester. http://www.keyboardtester.com/tester.html
You simply click in the box at the top and type/use function key. You should see the key on the screen change colour.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Thanks, Jon. The keyboard tester worked fine, so the F3 key seems to be ok.
I appreciate your help and the time you have spent trying to get me sorted out. It looks like I'll just have to live with it!
If anything else occurs to you, I'd be grateful for your input.
God bless,
Paul.
JG

Post by JG »

Thanks for your thanks. I like to get a fix to these issues... but this seems outside theWord.

I think the only thing left, is that it must be another program running that has for some reason got the F3 key globally for some reason.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

I believe this app will show if any other program has the F3 key (though it does not tell you the app, it will show that it has registered it)
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hot_keys_list.html
For myself I saw only two items that were operating system keys "Alt+Ctrl+Delete, and Alt+F4"
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software