insert table does not remember defaults on first try

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
kenfhill84083

insert table does not remember defaults on first try

Post by kenfhill84083 »

When I insert a table into a user module, it does not use the "insert table" defaults the 1st time. It does use the defaults the 2nd time. see video.

I am using 1492 beta.

video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gqm4vmw6p3s5 ... g.wmv?dl=0
JG

Re: insert table does not remember defaults on first try

Post by JG »

It is a confusing issue because the dialog only saves the dimensions for table, like 3x5.

However, your video (thanks for that) shows in the first table you defined the size as 99 pixels and in the second 99%, so it only did as you had set on the dialog. :wink:
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote:It is a confusing issue because the dialog only saves the dimensions for table, like 3x5.

However, your video (thanks for that) shows in the first table you defined the size as 99 pixels and in the second 99%, so it only did as you had set on the dialog. :wink:
Thanks. My video is confusing - because I had previously set the defaults as percent (that was not shown in the video). That's why the 1st try in the video was confusing - because I had not set the default to pixels but it came up that way.

Here is a new and improved video showing the whole process https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7ji9v6xcx7xt ... 2.wmv?dl=0
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

kenfhill84083 wrote: Here is a new and improved video showing the whole process https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7ji9v6xcx7xt ... 2.wmv?dl=0
BTW - RightNote (2-pane outliner / organizer) uses what looks like the same table controls. It does not have this 2-step process before the defaults stick.
JG

Post by JG »

Well the dialog only promises to remember the dimensions not the units or anything else. But it is strange how the other settings appear to cycle each time.
No idea if Costas will ever get to look into this.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote:Well the dialog only promises to remember the dimensions not the units or anything else. But it is strange how the other settings appear to cycle each time.
No idea if Costas will ever get to look into this.
Thanks again. I guess I never paid proper attention to the underlined 'd' in the dialog.

So I guess I should log this as a feature request rather than a bug. I have started using tables a lot in my notes. And consistency is always a good thing.