Find and replace link names

Ideas and suggestions about new features
rdwray

Find and replace link names

Post by rdwray »

If I manually add new text to a link and then delete the old text, the link is maintained, but not with "Find and replace", the link is deleted even though the text color says the link is still present. Can this be find and replace be modified to maintain the link since I have 1600 links that I would like to change the names of?
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
kenfhill84083

Re: Find and replace link names

Post by kenfhill84083 »

+1
JG

Post by JG »

rdwray wrote:If I manually add new text to a link and then delete the old text, the link is maintained, but not with "Find and replace", the link is deleted even though the text color says the link is still present. Can this be find and replace be modified to maintain the link since I have 1600 links that I would like to change the names of?

This looks like bug.

For your 1600 links you need to change, your best option is to try to fix a copy, with SQLite RegExer. Need to convert the topics to rtf format first. Last you would need to delete the existing word and search indexes.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I was finally able to convert VN to NKJV in the database but there is still a problem. If I search for NKJV, it returns the 17 that I have previously entered. If I do a search for VN, it return 1615 that no longer exist in the database so TW is saving something somewhere - where is it?????
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I found that the data is contained in "content_search" and it is not converted to .rtf like the "content" is so I cannot replace the search variables. It would be nice if the entire database was converted to .rtf.
JG

Post by JG »

Load your file into a SQLite program and delete the tables content_search and topic_wordindex.
OR
This can be done from within theWord from the module properties page, Settings and Actions tab -> Actions section -> Prepare module for distribution... Execute selected action.

Always make a backup copy
Always remember when modifying a module outside theWord that first it is not compressed in the content or topic.
Always convert to rtf in the properties window.
Always delete the tables, content_search and topic_wordindex. These will be remade when starting theWord
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Table topic_wordindex does not exist, see screenshot.

Tried deleting content_search with SQLite and when I tried to do a search, I got a database error.

Tried using "Prepare module for distribution" and got the same search results as before.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (48.42 KiB) Viewed 4068 times
JG

Post by JG »

Can you give me a link to your module and I will look at it. If you upload to OneDrive or Dropbox and then send me the link in a private message. Is that ok
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

If I use "Prepare module for distribution" without converting to .rtf so I can make changes, it re-indexs, but after converting to .rtf, it will not re-index and it pops up a dialog asking if I want to continue search, if I select yes, it will work for a little bit and then TW locks up. Is there anyway to convert the module back to "blob" after converting to .rtf?

EDIT: After the lockup, it releases and I do not get any search results no matter how many time I try.
JG

Post by JG »

I really need the module
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

I had to create an account and find out how to get the address, hope this is it: https://www.dropbox.com/preview/NKJV.cm ... e=personal
JG

Post by JG »

Sorry to have caused such trouble. I tried the link and it says the folder does not exist. Might be something wrong my end, not sure.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Yea, I don't know anything about dropbox: Just removed this so it is only me that has access
JG

Post by JG »

That is better. I removed the link so your file is not accessed by others
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

I hope this is what you wanted. I have sent you a PM with a link to download. I have put it in .zip
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software