New version of RichView

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
therapon

New version of RichView

Post by therapon »

Apparently the new version doesn't play well with WINE. Text does not stay within bounds, see the screenshot. Same is true for Book Views also. TW version 5.0.0.1499.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200914_203425.jpg
Screenshot_20200914_203425.jpg (86.92 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
DarrelW

Re: New version of RichView

Post by DarrelW »

And I have issues with text not visible when double-clicking a word to make a hyperlink, so I have reverted back to 1498 till issues can be resolved. I am in touch with Costas concerning this.

Darrel
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I also get strange results when I attempt to select text with the mouse, which I'm sure is related to what Darrel is seeing. If I select a line or two, the entire bookview gets the dark blue color, with some text being highlighted with white font so that it's readable, but not all the selected text.
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Thanks for reporting these "bugs" try to keep them detailed as in:
--Operating system
--What view was affect in what mode Book view or Bible view (parallel, compare etc)
--What were you doing when it happened etc.
These details help chase down a bug which can hide quite well sometime.

Changing the RichView is actually quite a major deal on the programming side. Thank you Costas for all the hardwork!
(I work with RichView in other ways. It is excellent software but there are bound to be some changes.)

I also would recommend trying various things with your operating system to see if it will make a difference as well, it may just be an operating system difference.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

We have these issues occurring on several versions of Linux, so I do not think it is an OS issue. Prayerfully Costas will be able to spot what is causing problems and provide a fix. Until then I have to work in 1498, which does not have problems. :?

Darrel
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

--Operating system
MX Linux 18.3_x64 Wine 2.21 Staging
Apparently all Linux distros as mentioned, and I believe Darrel at least uses a much newer version of Wine.

--What view was affect in what mode Book view or Bible view (parallel, compare etc)
All views

--What were you doing when it happened etc.
Simply open theWord and line wrapping problems are obvious in all views. Attempt to copy a couple lines of text from any view and display problems are apparent (dark blue color obscures most of the text, including that that's not selected, while some text is highlighted with white font, but not necessarily all that's selected).
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Thanks for the details appreciate it. I'm gonna look in the TRichView forum to see if there is more info.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I have also been in touch with Costas and sent him samples showing the failure. Not sure if he has looked at other folks postings.