Smooth Scrolling

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
bmwhite1611kjv

Smooth Scrolling

Post by bmwhite1611kjv »

Hello,

Is there a way to turn on smooth scrolling so when I scroll it doesn't "jump around" on me? Perhaps this is a new feature coming in version 6... Any input is helpful! Thanks, God bless!
JG

Re: Smooth Scrolling

Post by JG »

Can you post a video of this so we can see what you mean. We don't have any other reports of this happening.
Also what operating system are you using?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
bmwhite1611kjv

Post by bmwhite1611kjv »

First one is "TheWord" with the staggered scroll... second one is SwordSearcher smooth scrolling.

Sorry about the quality, but there was limitations when uploading any kind of "video" (this one's a .gif)
Attachments
smoothscroll.gif
smoothscroll.gif (547.99 KiB) Viewed 3173 times
bmwhite1611kjv

Post by bmwhite1611kjv »

Using Windows 10, BTW.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I can't really tell from the gif you posted, but my first thought is under Bible View Options (Ctrl+O)>General behavior and Compare view options, do you have "Mouse wheel move to previous and next verse (instead of scrolling the view)" selected? If so you may try unselecting it, and maybe try some of the other options there.

If not, how are you scrolling? (up and down arrows, mouse wheel, mouse wheel click (autoscroll)?)
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
JG

Post by JG »

I agree it is not the smoothest of scrolls visually. We will have to see if the component used in theWord has any updates/settings for this.
Two suggestions.
Use the hand for fine adjustment of the scroll. Or use the mouse scroll click that in some cases give the auto-scroll and speed feature of Windows.

Also see if there are any settings for mouse wheel that improves your setup. I have mine set to 4.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

Currently there is no way to produce the smooth scrolling effect with the component that handles the rendering of the view.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
bmwhite1611kjv

Post by bmwhite1611kjv »

That's what I thought. Hopefully this will be a feature in the future. It's kind of hard to go back to the jumpy scroll when you've been doing smooth scrolling in every other app on Windows 10... Thanks for looking into it!