Topical Cross Referencing Scriptures using Keywords/Tags

Ideas and suggestions about new features
johnny

Topical Cross Referencing Scriptures using Keywords/Tags

Post by johnny »

Hello Fellow Community Members,

I have been looking for either a Smartphone App or a Desktop Application to do a thorough custom "Topical Cross Referencing of Scriptures using Keywords/Tags".

The closest that I can find to what I am looking for is the "Ezra Bible App" that runs on Windows & Linux Desktop Computers (They also have an Android version that runs on Smartphones/Tablets).

You can see screenshots at https://ezrabibleapp.net/
Their Github page is located at https://github.com/ezra-bible-app/ezra-bible-app

I find the Ezra Bible App to be very helpful for my bible studies, however it can be tedious and wastes a lot of time when using both theWord.net and another software application.

Questions:
1. @csterg: Costas, is there a possibility of incorporating into theWord.net software, something similar to what the "Ezra Bible App" are doing?

2. Can anybody in the community let me know if you have found a software application that works well for Custom Topical Cross Referencing of Scriptures using Keywords/Tags?

Your replies would be appreciated. Thank you.
JG

Re: Topical Cross Referencing Scriptures using Keywords/Tags

Post by JG »

In the Add Titles there are a couple (or more) of ready-made dictionary resources that might help

Nave's Topical Bible (Nave)
Torrey's New Topical Textbook (TTT)
Thompson Chain-Reference (TCR)
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
instrumentally

Post by instrumentally »

I have been looking for either a Smartphone App or a Desktop Application to do a thorough custom "Topical Cross Referencing of Scriptures using Keywords/Tags".
The inWORD Bible app has extensive topical and cross referencing features. It's available for Windows, Android and iOS. https://inwordbible.com
johnny

Post by johnny »

JG wrote:In the Add Titles there are a couple (or more) of ready-made dictionary resources that might help

Nave's Topical Bible (Nave)
Torrey's New Topical Textbook (TTT)
Thompson Chain-Reference (TCR)

Thank you, I appreciate your responding to my post. I do fortunately make use of those resources that you have suggested. I am however, ideally looking for user friendly and efficient topical and cross referencing features (similar to the Ezra App) for the purpose of easily capturing personal one on One Holy Spirit inspired cross referencing of scriptures, with associated note taking features to simultaneously capture Spirit led interpretations. The filing thereof would be on a topical tag (and categorical) basis in addition to the listing of and easy access to related scripture verses (all of which is to be captured by the user without dependencies on ready-made resources).

It is astonishing how increasingly useful and valuable such a facility can become when much revelation flows from the Throne of Grace. Personally capturing in digital format a wealth of scriptural interpretation backed by extensive cross referenced revelation in a user friendly way for easy and efficient expansion and revision, is what I am looking for. When coupled with a wonderful software application like theWord that allows for the content of dictionaries and various bible translations, etc to be used interactively with digitally captured personal notes relevant to the verses and verse ranges, including individual Word revelations, would as a result render my pursuit for the "perfect" bible application, a resounding success.

It would be wonderful if it were possible to program the aforementioned "topical tag cross-referencing facility" as a module to take advantage of theWord's existing interactive functionality.
johnny

Post by johnny »

instrumentally wrote:
The inWORD Bible app has extensive topical and cross referencing features. It's available for Windows, Android and iOS. https://inwordbible.com
Thank you for this. I really appreciate your taking the time to point this out to me. I will download the evaluation version and test it's extensive topical and cross referencing features.