MAC Bible Versions

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
kindn3ss

MAC Bible Versions

Post by kindn3ss »

I tried to locate additional bible versions for the MAC Version of theWord, via Install Module functionality. I couldn't find anything for MAC.
I have located numerous bibles for Windows OS; however, I do NOT have Windows OS whatsoever - only Macs. Any specific locations where all modules for MACs OSs to be looked into and download, so I can install them myself?

Thank you, and God bless you all!
Mars
csterg
Site Admin

Re: MAC Bible Versions

Post by csterg »

Hello Mars,
the same modules can be used on MAC, there is nothing special concerning the modules,
Costas
cmars

Post by cmars »

Will the MAC version work on the current OS Big Sur? Thanks.
zhage

Post by zhage »

Hi Mars,
It is best to use TW via a Windows emulator (Parallels/VMWare Fusion) or go for Crossover. These are not free though. I have used TW on my Mac since 2010, first Wineskin, now VMWare, but have not upgraded to BigSur yet as there seemed to be some problems with VMWare. I have heard people have good experience with Crossover!
Blessings.
Zhage
ἐκεῖνον δεῖ αὐξάνειν, ἐμὲ δὲ ἐλαττοῦσθαι.
LT

Post by LT »

Hi!
I love TW and depend on it very much for my Bible studies.
I recently got the M1 mac and was so disappointed to learn that I can't run TW on it, now that MacOS is ARM based.
Are you planning or working on a new version of TW for M1 Macs? Please do, I just love the layout and UI of this app, and can't find anything similar to it for M1 macs.
Blessings.
LT
JG

Post by JG »

There is no plan or work for Mac.
Honestly the easiest way to continue to use theWord is to get a PC, as this was the OS it was designed for.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
zhage

Post by zhage »

To LT,
I think it is very well possible to use the new M1 Macs and run TW on it, but you always have to use some special method! Often an emulator is used. I have done that for many years. Works fine, but not free, since you need the emulator software as well as a Windows license. This year I switched to Crossover, which does not require a Windows license, so is significantly cheaper. (Crossover goes for 40 USD) I do not have a M1 Mac, but a fairly new one and I did upgrade to BigSur (see post above) and have not experienced any problems. Crossover is compatible with M1 Macs! You did not specify which method you used to run Windows programs (I assume BootCamp, which is NOT compatible with M1 processors).
Blessings!
ἐκεῖνον δεῖ αὐξάνειν, ἐμὲ δὲ ἐλαττοῦσθαι.
lewishamilton0998

Post by lewishamilton0998 »

You Version doesn't have a MacOS app and Bible Getaway has only mobile app. Any others that have lots of translations ? retro bowl college