Spellchecker Dictionary Questions

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
twbeining

Spellchecker Dictionary Questions

Post by twbeining »

Been awhile since I've been on the forum. I have a couple questions about spellchecker. I have the spellchecker setup and working in the English language.

My questions:

1) Can I have spellchecking in move than one language?

2) Where can I find other language dictionaries for the spellchecker? Looking to add German.

Blessings,
Tim Beining
JG

Re: Spellchecker Dictionary Questions

Post by JG »

You will find more dictionaries in the Add Titles in theWord. Please note that the indication of whether a spelling dictionary is already installed or not does not work for these resources.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
twbeining

Post by twbeining »

Jon,

I need to download the old fashioned way. The add Titles does not work for me. I am running on Linux and guess that has something to do with it. Is there a place I can just download them from?

Tim
JG

Post by JG »

The only way I can get these to you is put them all in a .zip file and you can install the ones you need. Notice they come as a pair.
Spelling.zip
(50.68 MiB) Downloaded 288 times
Sorry that one of the files in there was rather large.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
twbeining

Post by twbeining »

Jon, you are the man!!!! Works like a charm!!!!

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Tim
twbeining

Post by twbeining »

I got add Titles to work also with some wine updates.

Thanks again,
Tim
JG

Post by JG »

If you can post the Wine updates you did it will help others and me, because my Add Titles does not work in my test Linux
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
twbeining

Post by twbeining »

WARNING!!! First, Please read this completely before you you do this as it does cause some minor problems. WARNING!!!

This is how I solved my issue with "add Title" not wanting to work. It was apparently caused by my version of Wine not being up to date.

This is how I updated Wine from version 4.x to 6.x.

I run Linux Mint 20.2, so if you are using something else than Ubuntu 18.04 - 21.04 or Linux Mint 19.x - 20.x this solution is not for you. If you run a distro of Linux other than mentioned, a search of the Wiki at WineHQ may help.)

Go to the following web page:

https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

Simply follow the instructions there. When it came time to choose the package I went with the Stable Branch.

Now for the problem it caused. It caused my menu buttons for theWord to go dead. (This could happen to other software you using with Wine. I can't say for sure though as the only thing I use with Wine at the present time is theWord. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

The fix for this menu button issue was simple for me (might not be the case for everyone). I simply reinstalled theWord over top of the installation already there. I lost nothing and my menu buttons worked again. (Again, this might not be the case for everyone.) At some time during the process it may ask you to download a few files that have to do with Gecko and Mono. I answered yes and download them as is suggested at the bottom of the WineHQ Wiki page.

Everything is working great for me right now. I noticed no other issues caused by the update. (Your mileage may very!) Use this at your own risk!

Edit: Don't forget to reinstall your newer beta if you are running one.

Tim