Detached Windows

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
JustRob

Detached Windows

Post by JustRob »

There are many times I want to study separate books concurrently. What I've been doing up till now is opening a new instance of theWord to the new book/chapter. The problem is that when I shut down theWord it only saves the last book/chapter of the last instance I close. Is there a way to open a new book/chapter in theWord as a detached window, be able to jump from window to window and when I close the application it will save all open windows (books/chapters)? And do this with multiple windows?

Thanks
JG

Re: Detached Windows

Post by JG »

Shift+F11 creates a new floating Bible view.
Remember to uncheck the chain icon at the left of the view to stop it synchronizing with other Bible views. When you open theWord you should have the windows resume at their point of saving.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JustRob

Post by JustRob »

When I did that I got a small window of only the bible book and I could not maximize a floating view. That floating view is always on top. See image attached.

Is there a way of opening an entire new window of theWord with all of the same views without just starting a new instance of theWord?
Attachments
theWord detached window.jpg
theWord detached window.jpg (610.68 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
JG

Post by JG »

You could perhaps use Layouts. Switching Layouts is not instant though, and you have to remember to save a layout before switching to a new one to keep your place and settings.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
BraelynMcdowell

Post by BraelynMcdowell »

Hey there. I just came across this old thread and wanted to say that I totally feel you on wanting to study multiple books simultaneously. It can be a real pain in the butt to switch back and forth between different instances of theWord. Have you tried using detached windows?