Superscript verse numbers

Ideas and suggestions about new features
John45

Superscript verse numbers

Post by John45 »

I am aware that Costas has chosen not to make this available. However, since that is not available, I must use another bible program for verse/passage copying, so I would greatly appreciate it if Costas would revisit the issue and make it available to the users.

On a second note, it would be great if users could enter a string of references and have the verse text output to a clipboard or to the program they are using to receive the text.

This is truly a great program despite these issues.
John
JG

Re: Superscript verse numbers

Post by JG »

John45 wrote:I am aware that Costas has chosen not to make this available. However, since that is not available, I must use another bible program for verse/passage copying, so I would greatly appreciate it if Costas would revisit the issue and make it available to the users.
Explain please

John45 wrote: On a second note, it would be great if users could enter a string of references and have the verse text output to a clipboard or to the program they are using to receive the text.

This is truly a great program despite these issues.
I think this is possible. There are some shortcut keys mentioned in the user help.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
John45

Post by John45 »

Hi Jon,

The explanation regarding superscript verse numbers is that I now have some 9,000 pages of journaling with many scripture quotations included. The quotations have the verse numbers in superscript text. I am asking Costas to revisit this issue of not having superscript verse number capability in TW because I need that capability if I am going to use TW as the bible program from which I copy verses or passages. Without it, I must use another bible program to copy from.
John
John45

Post by John45 »

Hi Jon,

Regarding the shortcut keys, I looked at them and see nothing there answering to my request/suggestion. What were you thinking of?
John
JG

Post by JG »

John45 wrote:Hi Jon,

The explanation regarding superscript verse numbers is that I now have some 9,000 pages of journaling with many scripture quotations included. The quotations have the verse numbers in superscript text. I am asking Costas to revisit this issue of not having superscript verse number capability in TW because I need that capability if I am going to use TW as the bible program from which I copy verses or passages. Without it, I must use another bible program to copy from.
So you don't want superscript numbers when copying directly from the Bible view? Can you use the copy verses instead? Ctrl+C will copy a single verse with settings of the Copy verses dialog. There are some options under Advanced to tweak.

What exact format do you want?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

John45 wrote:Hi Jon,

Regarding the shortcut keys, I looked at them and see nothing there answering to my request/suggestion. What were you thinking of?
I was thinking that if you were in a Word document and had a verse or two you want to quote, you can set a checkbox in the Preferences Clipboard Monitor. It registers Ctrl+Shift+V to paste back to the clipboard.
So you select the reference, Ctrl+C to copy it, then Ctrl+Shift+V to paste it back to the Clipboard, then Ctrl+V to paste it in you Word document.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
John45

Post by John45 »

Thanks for the explanation, Jon.

However, that methodology loses any references and that doesn't work for me. This is why I am suggesting some modifications to Verse Copy Management. It is my understanding that unless something it changed there to accommodate the need for superscript verse numbers, I will not be able to use it or TW for verse copying and must use another bible program instead.
John
JG

Post by JG »

So you want to have superscript numbers?
If so you can add some markup to the copy verses dialog around the %v placeholder and run a macro in Word to change those to superscript.
Or just macro that superscripts the color of the verse number.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
JG

Post by JG »

Let me put in a request in our system for superscript verse numbers on copy verses advanced.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
John45

Post by John45 »

Thanks, I appreciate it.
John