Jump to Verse

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
hryoung

Jump to Verse

Post by hryoung »

I would sometimes just put a book and chapter in the verse field to jump directly to that chapter upon hitting enter. From there, (my curser was not in any field just the general view window) I could type a number and the view would jump to that verse.

I must have changed the setting somewhere because now this ability is no longer functioning for me. I didn't realize how often I used this option. I would be appreciative if there is a known fix to this.

Thank you in advance.
mikeatnip

Re: Jump to Verse

Post by mikeatnip »

I never knew this "trick." Thanks for sharing it ... it works for me. I am using version 6.
hryoung

Post by hryoung »

Thanks for sharing mikeatnip - maybe an upgrade will reset/fix my issue - I'm on version 5.0
JG

Post by JG »

mikeatnip wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:50 am I never knew this "trick." Thanks for sharing it ... it works for me. I am using version 6.
There are many shortcut keys for different views or global ones. Best to skim the Help through at least once.
https://www.theword.net/manual/shorcuts.htm
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
smiths89

Post by smiths89 »

Have you tried checking the settings or preferences? Maybe there's an option to toggle it back on. I'm shock that there are some verses that we can keep jumping towards haha