feature request . easier way to create links to modules

Ideas and suggestions about new features
kenfhill84083

feature request . easier way to create links to modules

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Currently, it is OK to create a link from one module to another, but it could be easier, as it is in some other apps I use (eg, Freeplane , Logos , RightNote).

In theWord, you have to :
  • press ctrl+K (to bring up the insert/edit hyperlink dialog)
  • choose the type of book for target module (radio buttons)
  • choose the specific module (in a dropdown)
  • choose the target verse / topic
  • press OK button
That produces a link such as tw://bk.g12?tid=6 (for Temple - It's Ministry and Service [Edersheim] > 5. Sacrifices: Their Order and Meaning)

It would be simpler if there was a way to be in a desired section of the target module and grab the URL (or equivalent - the tw://...) which then, in the module in which you wanted the link, could be easily pasted into the hyperlink dialog. Although the hyperlink dialog functionality would have to be changed to allow pasting into the dialog's 'target' control.

This functionality in Freeplane , Logos , RightNote makes it a lot easier to create links.

Thanks.
kenfhill84083

Re: feature request . easier way to create links to modules

Post by kenfhill84083 »

kenfhill84083 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:19 pm Currently, it is OK to create a link from one module to another, but it could be easier, as it is in some other apps I use (eg, Freeplane , Logos , RightNote).

In theWord, you have to :
  • press ctrl+K (to bring up the insert/edit hyperlink dialog)
  • choose the type of book for target module (radio buttons)
  • choose the specific module (in a dropdown)
  • choose the target verse / topic
  • press OK button
That produces a link such as tw://bk.g12?tid=6 (for Temple - It's Ministry and Service [Edersheim] > 5. Sacrifices: Their Order and Meaning)

It would be simpler if there was a way to be in a desired section of the target module and grab the URL (or equivalent - the tw://...) which then, in the module in which you wanted the link, could be easily pasted into the hyperlink dialog. Although the hyperlink dialog functionality would have to be changed to allow pasting into the dialog's 'target' control.

This functionality in Freeplane , Logos , RightNote makes it a lot easier to create links.
Almost 4 years since. I am trying to port all my Bible notes to theWord personal modules. I am finding this menu-driven method for making links to TW modules very tedious.

In my current study I am making notes on each chapter of a book I am studying (Jesus Continued). In each chapter I create sub notes in the tree for cmy (commentary) and xref (cross references). But, in the hyperlink dialog, when I try to select them from the target dropdown I see dozens of "cmy" or "xref" entries. I have to mark each entry with a lot of extra detail (eg xrefs . Jesus Continued . chapter 1).

This would be so much easier if I could get the "URL" via a right-click context menu (or some other easy method) and then plug it into a more simple linking method or even into the hyperlink dialog.

The dialog is powerful but sometimes it complicates what should be more simple.