suggestion . personal module editors - more shortcut keys or markdown

Ideas and suggestions about new features
kenfhill84083

suggestion . personal module editors - more shortcut keys or markdown

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Would it be possible to either
  • add shortcut keys for bullets and indents (my preference)
  • implement markdown in personal module editors? I'm thinking of the kind of immediate formatting you see in Obsidian - where you type # for heading 1, ## for heading 2, * for bullets, etc?
When you press Enter the markdown codes disappear and the formatted text takes is seen instead. Obsidian indents are a bit different from TW indents (see image) - I'm not particular how they might look in TW if markdown could be implemented.

I try to keep my hands anchored to the keyboard - I am not much of a mouseketeer. It really disrupts my workflow when I have to keep mousing to the formatting toolbar to access bullets and indenting, which I do a lot.

Now, it is easier for me to make notes in a separate text editor (I use RightNote) and paste back into TW editors. And that is a pain.

Thanks.
Attachments
markdown indents.png
markdown indents.png (4.2 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
kenfhill84083

Re: suggestion . personal module editors - more shortcut keys or markdown

Post by kenfhill84083 »

No one seems interested in this but me but I'm really wishing for shortcut keys in personal books.

To be efficient, I have to switch back and forth between my regular text editor (RightNote) where I have hotkeys for indents (which I use a lot):
increase indent = Ctrl+shift+. (period)
decrease indent = Ctrl+shift+, (comma)

Other shortcut keys in RightNote I also use a lot are to access table and paragraph properties. Also other table functions like adding rows and changing borders and etc - all with RN hotkeys.

My notes are where I process the Bible text and hotkeys eliminate a lot of thought friction - so my old brain doesn't hit too many speed bumps.
therapon

Post by therapon »

It would take some effort to set it up but how would this be:

Use a macro recorder like AutoHotKey to record the mouse actions, then assign it to a keyboard shortcut for each of the things you want to automate.

therapon
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

therapon wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:37 pm It would take some effort to set it up but how would this be:

Use a macro recorder like AutoHotKey to record the mouse actions, then assign it to a keyboard shortcut for each of the things you want to automate.
Thanks. I have been thinking about that. I have a small amount of experience with AHK but am not very confident with it. After I finish a project I'm working on I'll give it a shot.
polinkuer12

Post by polinkuer12 »

therapon wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:37 pm It would take some effort to set it up but how would this be:

therapon
Yes this is a good idea, I will apply it. Thank you very much