AFV Reverse Interlinear Module Set

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
DarrelW

AFV Reverse Interlinear Module Set

Post by DarrelW »

Awhile back Jon produced the AFV Bible module with permission from the MySword development team. Well, MySword also has a reverse interlinear AFV and an AFV dictionary. The AFV dictionary, containing entries for both OT and NT morphology, has links to the UnfoldingWord Greek and Hebrew book modules. So you can click on an OT or NT morphology string, which links to the corresponding entry in the AFV dictionary, then click on the part of speech of interest and it takes you straight to the UnfoldingWord entry for that part of speech! Pretty cool!

So I talked with them and got permission to develop those modules for TW. Now I can click on a morphology string, either OT or NT, and find out more information about that element! I have modified the AFV dictionary to contain Bible search strings for each morphology string you select, and hyperlinked the UnfoldingWord book modules. The attached screen shots show Joshua 3:2 selected, then the morphology string HVpw3mp selected (both of these are in Josh1 screenshot). Josh2 shows "Sequential Imperfect" being selected, and Josh3 shows "Article" being selected. This same set of actions works for NT morphology. It really helps me since I do not do so well memorizing morphology definitions! Now if I search on the morphology string, "m/HVpw3mp", TW returns 173 OT verses containing that string.

I have uploaded the four modules (AFV+, AFV+ dictionary, UW Hebrew grammar and UW Greek grammar to the following link. I have secured MySword's permission and blessing on these modules, and I hope they help you as much as they do me!

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... xLISkk3Yp7

Darrel
Attachments
Josh1.png
Josh1.png (303.11 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
Josh2.png
Josh2.png (82.15 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
Josh3.png
Josh3.png (111.31 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
jonathangkoehn

Re: AFV Reverse Interlinear Module Set

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Thank you for all your hard work brother contacting the publishers and converting these resources.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

You're welcome. I hope it blesses folks.
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

I wish it had the verse rule added to hide the Strongs and Morph codes while still having the pop up for both.
Edmund
tux_peng

Post by tux_peng »

Awesome, I was recently working with the publisher to get the AFV in The Sword Project, they are glad to have it accessible!
Novar

Post by Novar »

For some reason the dictionary is not displaying even though I downloaded and installed all 4 modules. The Bible module displays but when clicking on the numbers they do not display... Any Help
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hello, I'm the one who developed these modules. I don't think I ever had the AFV dictionary come automatically ( I'd love someone to correct me!). When I click a morphology code I then click in my dictionaries and select the highlighted AFV dictionary. Now when I click the desired morphology entry TW jumps to either the Greek or Hebrew grammar module. Does that help you?

Darrel