The Gospels Compared (TGC) @ Mtt 7.7-11 & Lk 11.9-13

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
kenfhill84083

The Gospels Compared (TGC) @ Mtt 7.7-11 & Lk 11.9-13

Post by kenfhill84083 »

The Gospels Compared (TGC) @ Mtt 7.7-11 & Lk 11.9-13 seems like it should be included as a parallel passage - Ask, Seek, Knock.
JG

Re: The Gospels Compared (TGC) @ Mtt 7.7-11 & Lk 11.9-13

Post by JG »

I am not sure how to proceed with this module. Made by a user but I think they have since died.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:00 pm I am not sure how to proceed with this module. Made by a user but I think they have since died.
Thanks. Is there a process for transitioning a module like this?

I use it a lot and would be willing to help maintain it. Ideally, for me, I'd like to see a couple of versions using copyright-free translations like WEB and BSB along with KJV.

The module properties show the creator as Aaron Smith with Costas Stergiou as a contributor.
JG

Post by JG »

I am not aware of any process to take over a module. You would need to ask Costas.
If you want to see other translations even multiple ones you could easily use the multi-bible popup. So hovering the verse hyperlink in TGC with ctrl+shift held down gives all the translations you have set in the Prefences-> Advanced tab.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I believe the passage in Matthew took place earlier in Jesus' ministry at the Sermon on the Mount, and the passage in Luke is where He repeats the lesson to His disciples at some later time.

So it would appear He gave the lesson at least two different times to different people or circumstances. Who of us don't need lessons repeated sometimes anyway?

I think the purpose of TGC is to give the same events in the same chronological time.
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.