Bookmark lost

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
rdwray

Bookmark lost

Post by rdwray »

When I create a bookmark and do not close TW before restarting PC, the bookmark is lost. The reason I say this is that my PC is restarted every night automatically and I do not always close all running programs.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
“For My yoke [is] easy and My burden is light.”
JG

Re: Bookmark lost

Post by JG »

So, your point is.....Always close theWord before shutting down your computer.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Sorry, Windows 11...
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Found one resolve to this: If I click on another bookmark after setting a new one, it is saved.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Good to know, this probably triggers a config.ini save or another file save where bookmarks are stored.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

What I had not noticed is that I was closing TW and that is what saved the bookmark, not clicking on another one.
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Downloaded 5.0.0.1501 and after testing for a few days it seems to be working fine on Windows 11 so there had to be a code change for bookmarks after 1501.
JG

Post by JG »

- fixed RV17 regression where shrinked images would not be smooth. They are not smooth, unless they are PNG transparent in which case they are still not smooth when scaled down. There shouldn't be a need for transparent images in the first place, so make sure images in modules are NOT transparent (they never need to be)
- saving config.ini is now crash-resistant; if something goes wrong during saving, the old config.ini is restored.

Perhaps this was triggered and so the bookmark is lost.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rdwray

Post by rdwray »

Way over my head...