Copy verses optimizing

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
jo-hannes

Copy verses optimizing

Post by jo-hannes »

if some verses are selected with the mouse in the bible view and i choose copy verses, then the range should be automatically be retrieved from that selection.
Brett

Great "Suggestion"

Post by Brett »

This feature would be a real time saver when you copy a range of verses into your document and prefer to give the range (either before or after) rather than each reference individually. Although there are many formats currently available and it is very configurable, I couldn't figure out how to do this.

Thank you!
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi Brett,
in the "Copy Verses" dialog enter:
- "%r " in the header format text box (notice, there is a space, no quotes pls)
- select format number 10 for the verses

I think you get what you want: is that correct? Do you mean something different?

Costas
Brett

That works

Post by Brett »

That works fine for me, I can just cut the header and paste after the block of text.

Thank you!!

jo-hannes, does that do what you wanted it to?
jo-hannes

Post by jo-hannes »

Hm, possibly i was not clear enough:

Try to reproduce this
- select some verses in a bible view
- right click the selection, copy verses...
- in the dialog in step one there is that verse set as range that was active before making a selection (the grey selected)

But what i suggest is taking the blue, not the grey selection as the range if there is one. (see http://imgplace.com/directory/dir362/11 ... 5_2091.jpg)

Is it clear now?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hello Jo-hannes,
yes, it is very clear. I fixed it (it was really tricky though; that's why i haven't done it earlier but it seems that this is an expected behavior).
Next beta will have it,
Thanks,
Costas