More thoughts

Ideas and suggestions about new features
B_Mar

More thoughts

Post by B_Mar »

Will our notes be searchable in the new version? I don't remember if this has already been discussed or not. If so, I apologize.

Also, earlier today I wanted to find a particular verse that I had written a note for, but the verse didn't have any unusual words in it, so my search term came up with lots of options. I thought it would be nice if I could filter my results so that it would only show items for which I have written notes. (I know that I can go to the notes window and find a list of all the verses that have notes, but since I had no idea what book the verse was in, I would have had to look through a lot of notes to find it.)

I have recommended this program to quite a few people. Just this past Sunday one of my pastors thanked me for the recommendation and said the program was great!
csterg
Site Admin

Re: More thoughts

Post by csterg »

Hi Betsy,
B_Mar wrote:Will our notes be searchable in the new version? I don't remember if this has already been discussed or not. If so, I apologize.
Yes, they will be searchable in version 3, but not in the beta that will be released any day now. I expect the final version to be quite close anyway (2-3 months maybe).
Also, earlier today I wanted to find a particular verse that I had written a note for, but the verse didn't have any unusual words in it, so my search term came up with lots of options. I thought it would be nice if I could filter my results so that it would only show items for which I have written notes. (I know that I can go to the notes window and find a list of all the verses that have notes, but since I had no idea what book the verse was in, I would have had to look through a lot of notes to find it.)
Hmm, i see. Haven't thought of that. New version has a much more comprehensive search that will allow for much more complex criteria. But it does not cover the above. Let me write this in my to-do list: i do have some more things in mind about the new search, so maybe i could fit this one too (although the new note-taking system is much more sophistiacted than the current).
I have recommended this program to quite a few people. Just this past Sunday one of my pastors thanked me for the recommendation and said the program was great!
Thanks, it is so encouraging to know that this effort is useful to brothers and sisters in Christ!
Costas