bible permission ??

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
ckk

bible permission ??

Post by ckk »

i would like to ask that if the others bible translation used in E-sword can be used in The Word...
is it illegal?
how can i know when i use that is possible?
like NIV and others more..??
kingkong
preahkumpii

Post by preahkumpii »

If the Bible translation used in e-Sword is in the public domain, yes it is legal to transfer it to The Word.
If the Bible translation is still under copyright, no, it is not legal, unless you have proper permission from the copyright holder. Copyright holders give permission to Bible programs to distribute their translation as a part of that program. That is as far as the permission goes. Further, just because you purchased a translation (or other copyrighted material) from, say, e-Sword, does not mean that you can legally use it in The Word. Using it in The Word requires a separate permission from the copyright holder. So, generally, you cannot use a copyrighted translation in The Word from another Bible program, unless you have proper permission, or the copyright license allows its free distribution. I hope that helps.

@Moderator. I suggest that a thread be started that discusses copyright issues explicitly , esp. coming from e-Sword and the like, so we have all the info in one thread we can reference.
Adam
ckk

Re: bible permission ??

Post by ckk »

if so... i know... thanks for reply...
kingkong