Manual and FAQ

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
csterg
Site Admin

Manual and FAQ

Post by csterg »

You can find the online manual of version 2 here: Read the online FAQ here: Costas

The online manual for version 3 can be found here
VernRuth

Re: Manual and FAQ

Post by VernRuth »

Thanks for the notice. I went to the link and received this reply:

The file you requested en_onlinehelp.pdf cannot be found.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hello VernRuth,
The manual of version 3 is almost ready and will be released very soon. Pls, wait for it, it's being reviewed as we talk,
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Yea! I'm really looking forward to it. TW has such a RICH feature-set that learning what, how, when, etc is (to me) almost monumental.

Costas, you have done a stellar job on this program. I have literally stopped using anything else, and am actively promoting it to anyone that doesn't get tired of listening to me! And even then I just keep on talking anyway! :wink:

Darrel
cornopean

Post by cornopean »

DarrelW wrote:Yea! I'm really looking forward to it. TW has such a RICH feature-set that learning what, how, when, etc is (to me) almost monumental.

Costas, you have done a stellar job on this program. I have literally stopped using anything else, and am actively promoting it to anyone that doesn't get tired of listening to me! And even then I just keep on talking anyway! :wink:

Darrel
You and me both! I am going to start a class teaching lay people how to use this software. I am amazed that more people don't know about it.
“There is a danger of being a Pharisee when thou ceasest being a Publican.” --Anthony Burgess
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I look forward to your videos. I watched the Open bible, but the other was not available. I'd like to see indepth videos on:
1. Bible search window - basic searches
2. Bible advanced searches, extensive examples using RegEx, Morph and lemma features
3. Tutorials on combining Bibles, dictionaries, morph and lemma features to perform indepth word studies

I appreciate what you are doing!

Darrel
vanschoonhoven

Post by vanschoonhoven »

I love your program and use it all the time. I have given away many copies of your program, but we really need some kind of manual. I first mentioned this in July and was told it would be out soon, it is now Feb. Our need for this resource grows daily, many of the people that I have given the program to have never had a bible program before and are lost because there is so little good information on how to use the system.

I do what I can, but I need a manual myself, I know I am only touching the surface when it comes to what can be done with this program.

This program along with the great amount of modules on the internet and the possiblity of making our own modules could help change how the body of Christ educates it's leaders and the whole body.

We now have the ability to learn from great teachers of the past, without going to school some where else, and we have the ability to study the scriptures and find information in the scriptures quickly and it can now be done by anyone. And with the note taking system you no longer have to do the same research time after time you can store the best information in a note, either tied to a verse or a subject. This allows you to share your research with anyone, anyplace, anytime.

But we need a manual to show people what it is they have in their hands and how it can be used.

This is by far the best free program you can get, but I believe it is really time to make sure it is being used fully by those that have it.

You are sitting on one of the greatest tools that I could imagine and yet with out an education about how to use all of it's aspects, I can only go so far.

Please have someone work on getting a pdf file out, even if it is like the one that E-Sword puts out, it would have a huge impact on those that use the program.

By the way this is not the best program I own for bible study, but I have spent between 2-3,000 dollars on the other program and it has over 3100 resources in it, but it has draw backs to it, such as cost, cost and more cost. It also is not easy to put your own public domain files in it and since it's latest upgrade it takes more computer than most people have access to.

So your program has the potential to right now do more good for more believers than any thing on the market!
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Amen! I concur with all of what Vanshoonhoven spoke. I have chosen to leave my other tools behind, although I have several people I have given e-Sword to rather than TW BECAUSE of documentation. These folks love electronic bibles but do not have the patience or expertise to dig into TW without docs and stuff showing them the way. They want to study the Word, not the program.

Costas, if you need additional assistance proofing the manual I'd be happy to help. I know your plate is VERY full and I pray that NONE of what we share with you puts additional burden on you. For as you know I have personally spoken to you to make sure you keep your priorities straight - God first, family second, job and ministry somewhere below that. DO NOT let any of us alter that for you! As much as we want EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW - we will live and survive just fine until it is actually produced!

Love you my brother!
Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I see clearly this need and working on this!
Thank you for reminding me!
Costas
vanschoonhoven

Post by vanschoonhoven »

Thanks for your quick reply!

In Christ,

Jim
vanschoonhoven

Post by vanschoonhoven »

I will not mention names, but thanks to the person that sent me a copy of the incomplete manual, this is going to be a good resource to help people like myself get a better handle on the Word, even as it is, it is very helpful.

By the way, this program is so helpful and on top of that the number of resources is constantly growing making it even more useful.

Thanks again!

In Christ,

Jim
hecaherg

Post by hecaherg »

How can I get a copy of the incomplete manual?

Hector
vanschoonhoven

Post by vanschoonhoven »

That is a good Question and I can not answer it, the person that sent me the copy that I have would need to see this and answer the question.

I was simply trying to encourage you guys that the manual is going to be helpful and it is nearly done.

In fact it is very helpful as it is, but they may not want it given out until it is complete.

I do not think Costas and others understand how much users desire and need more information on how to run the program, I think for us even an incomplete copy is a real blessing but to them it is hard to put out something that is incomplete. We are happy with crumbs and they want to set the whole meal down before us to enjoy!

It is coming and it is going to be helpful!

In Christ,

Jim
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I think i will upload the manual this weekend. I will do so in the forum first to get some feedback,
Costas
skaravanic

Post by skaravanic »

forgive me, I was not sure where to ask this question, I got my daughter's mother-in-law a new netbook, and installed TW on it per my son-in-law's instructions. But in order to make it more user friendly for her, her other son installed Greek windows. I don't know if it was an old version and if there is a newer version, but now I can't install TW on it, I can't find a version in Greek, and I think the greek windows can't read English! She doesn't read English, only Greek. Can you help me?
skaravanic