Portuguese translation

For translators. Undertake the job to translate to your language, report translation errors here. Co-ordinate with other working on a translation of the program.
csterg
Site Admin

Portuguese translation

Post by csterg »

Post here questions related to the Portuguese translation
Ericson

Localization

Post by Ericson »

Dear Costas,

I have updated the Brazilian Portuguese language file to v3.0.0.833, and it now has exactly the same structure as the English version. About 75% of the lines are already translated into Brazilian Portuguese, and I plan to complete the localization soon.
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This is great news.
Thank you for the update
Costas
Ericson

Language file

Post by Ericson »

Translation into Brazilian Portuguese will be completed in a few days. Language file version is 3.0.3.871-41, and about 90% of the strings are already localized.
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
Ericson

Translation completed

Post by Ericson »

Dear Costas and friends,

The translation into Brazilian Portuguese for TW3 is completed. I am sending the LNG file by mail. Following the standard used for the other language files I renamed it 'brazilian.lng'. Next I'll perform a thorough check on the translation, line by line, but this will take some more weeks. When I finish this I'll post here the revised file.
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
joao almeida

Re: Portuguese translation

Post by joao almeida »

hi, my name is joao and i have been reading the translation for brazilian potuguese. so far i have seen some incomplete words , that i could figure by myself , wich word it was. O ther than that , the translation , conserning the word "badger", in exodus 35;7.the translation apears as "golfinho", wich in portuguese means "dolphins". when the right translation for badger is "texugo". IN the tabernacle , there is no dolphin skin , used to make the tent of the tabernacle. So , i felt compeled to write you ,in order to avoid any confusion to future students of the bible or portuguese language students , that might be using this program to improve their skills for future or presents works abroad, and even for the newcomer of the faith that may get confused with these errors.
if i can be of any help in the future please contact me.
Joao Luiz Rosauro de Almeida
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

joao almeida wrote:hi, my name is joao and i have been reading the translation for brazilian potuguese. so far i have seen some incomplete words , that i could figure by myself , wich word it was. O ther than that , the translation , conserning the word "badger", in exodus 35;7.the translation apears as "golfinho", wich in portuguese means "dolphins". when the right translation for badger is "texugo". IN the tabernacle , there is no dolphin skin , used to make the tent of the tabernacle. So , i felt compeled to write you ,in order to avoid any confusion to future students of the bible or portuguese language students , that might be using this program to improve their skills for future or presents works abroad, and even for the newcomer of the faith that may get confused with these errors.
if i can be of any help in the future please contact me.
Joao Luiz Rosauro de Almeida
João,

This forum is about the translation of the program interface (buttons, labels, dialogs, etc.), not its resources. The text of the bibles, commentaries or dictionaries are responsability of its publishers.

Rúbio
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Dear Costas,

If you'd find it useful, I can moderate a portuguese discussion thread.

In Christ,

Rubio Terra
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

RubioTerra wrote:Dear Costas,

If you'd find it useful, I can moderate a portuguese discussion thread.

In Christ,

Rubio Terra
Yes pls! Mail me
Ericson

Brazilian-Portuguese translation update

Post by Ericson »

The Brazilian-Portuguese language file is now updated to v3.0.8.946-42.
Some words were changed according to the new spelling rules now effective in Brazil.
A few typos were corrected.
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
Ericson

Language file update

Post by Ericson »

Brazilian Portuguese update to v3.1.1.1014 is on the way and will be ready in a few days.
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
Ericson

Language file update

Post by Ericson »

Language file is now updated to v3.1.1.1014-46.
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Brother Ericson:
Why the Brazilian Portuguese translation doesn't have any diacritics? They're part of our language!
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
Ericson

Post by Ericson »

Brother Ericson:
Why the Brazilian Portuguese translation doesn't have any diacritics? They're part of our language!
Dear brother Rubio, do you mean the program translation (localization) or the bible text?
Can you give an instance of the translated text/strings where diacritics are missing?
Ericson L. Silva. Brazil
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

I mean the localization. No accents are showing at all (menus, dialogs, everything), at least for me. I don't know exactly since when, but it seems to be since last revision. I even dowloaded again the last revision (ver. 3.1.2.1027-69, April 11th). Take a look at the screen capture.
Attachments
ptbr.jpg
ptbr.jpg (123.07 KiB) Viewed 13240 times
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil