searching within modules

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
mikeatnip

searching within modules

Post by mikeatnip »

I am wondering is there is a work-around to search only certain topics in a book module? My main interest is to search only certain volumes in the ANF-NPNF. For example, if I want to search the volumes by Augustine, I have to search the whole module that ends up with a lot of extra hits to filter through. At the moment, I am thinking maybe I have to make new modules of each volume independently. But maybe there is another way? Thanks
jonathangkoehn

Re: searching within modules

Post by jonathangkoehn »

There is not as far as I know. Thoughts JG?
A question what is the ANF-NPNF and were is it downloadable from?
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

Well, that is what I probably renamed it to, meaning Ante-Nicene Fathers and Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers. The download name is probably "Church Fathers" and it is a free module I got from one of the download sites.
Doctordavet

Post by Doctordavet »

Let me start with this caveat: I'm not familiar with this module, so the scope of what I'm suggesting may not work.

1. Make sure the module is editable (check module properties, and set the box if needed).
2. Using copy/paste, insert a unique line at the top of each "chapter" written by Augustine, like "this chapter by Augustine"
3. Add that unique phrase to your search string

Something like that would work, but it may become cumbersome
Dave
Free Modules at
http://www.DoctorDaveT.com
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

Doctordavet wrote:Let me start with this caveat: I'm not familiar with this module, so the scope of what I'm suggesting may not work.

1. Make sure the module is editable (check module properties, and set the box if needed).
2. Using copy/paste, insert a unique line at the top of each "chapter" written by Augustine, like "this chapter by Augustine"

I see your point, and for some smaller modules it could work. But this one is subdivided umpteen times between volumes, authors in the volume, book, and then chapter.
I got it from wordmodules.com http://www.wordmodules.com/the-word-mod ... ommentary/
Thanks for the hint, it may work in some of my searches even without adding the line.
JG

Post by JG »

Can you zip that file and upload here please
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

JG wrote:Can you zip that file and upload here please
Do you mean the one on my machine or the one at the link?
JG

Post by JG »

The one from the link.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

I cannot get new access to that file. I tried to upload a zipped .gbk file but it is too large (150mb) and this site will not accept it.
JG

Post by JG »

Sorry I think I posted to the wrong topic
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
dewiclements

Post by dewiclements »

Doctordavet wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:43 pm Let me start with this caveat: I'm not familiar with this module, so the scope of what I'm suggesting may not work.

That was useful, thanks