Bible books drop down box

Ideas and suggestions about new features
rossjpurdy

Bible books drop down box

Post by rossjpurdy »

When the Bible books drop down box appears, there should be a "tip" at the bottom to right click the mouse before chasing the chapter drop down box which disappears strangely before one can select a chapter. Better yet would be to make it so the chapter selection box stays in play as it makes no sense for it to disappear.
JG

Re: Bible books drop down box

Post by JG »

Well there is a tip in the Help file....

TIP: if you right-click on a Book node, you will get a popup menu with all the chapters of this book. If you right-click on a chapter node you will get a popup menu with all the verses of this chapter. This is an alternative way to use the Bible tree!
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rossjpurdy

Post by rossjpurdy »

True. But until the glitch is fixed, a tip right under the book list would save time and frustration. I did not think to go to the help file at first for what appeared to be a bug in the program. Rather I sought support. So instead of looking for support, waiting for an answer, why not fix the bug or at least put the tip where the issue can be nipped in the bud? That is my thinking anyway
JG

Post by JG »

I don't get the glitch you mention. When right clicking I get the matrix with the chapters and can move pointer and select.

So, what build of theWord are you using and what Operating System please. We have not had any reports of this issue before.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
rossjpurdy

Post by rossjpurdy »

Version 6001527 on Windows 10.
JG

Post by JG »

I just tried another installation of 1527 and do not have an issue.

Anyone else have an issue?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Rich

Post by Rich »

JG wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:41 pm I just tried another installation of 1527 and do not have an issue.

Anyone else have an issue?
I have 1527 on two different computers running Windows 10 and I don't have that issue. I have tested nearly every beta version up to the latest release and have not had that issue.
rossjpurdy

Post by rossjpurdy »

I did a repair and a reinstall with no change.
Would you suspect a simple setting needs to be tweaked or what?
rossjpurdy

Post by rossjpurdy »

I went into preferences and found:

"Mouse wheel scrolls and activates under cursor."

I unchecked that and the problem went away!

I rechecked it and the problem did not reappear!