suggestion . formatting toolbar inside editable modules (preferably with shortcut keys access)

Ideas and suggestions about new features
kenfhill84083

suggestion . formatting toolbar inside editable modules (preferably with shortcut keys access)

Post by kenfhill84083 »

It would help me if user modules had the formatting toolbar embedded in the module text editor.

I use personal modules a lot - increasingly.

But formatting my text is kind of a pain. The formatting toolbars are outside the module editors. I use theWord primarily on a 23" monitor in portrait mode. So if one of my modules is at the bottom of the screen, I have to mouse to the top of the screen, press the "more buttons" icon, and select the formatting option I want (eg, bullets).

Alternatively, I can drag the formatting toolbar, resize it, and place it closer to my module editor. But that hides some of TW's screen real estate, forcing me to move it around sometimes.

Attached are 2 screenshots (sorry they take up so much room):
  • showing my portrait monitor and the mouse travel needed to accept docked formatting toolbar
  • a comparison of other Bible apps text editors
(I don't like e-sword's real estate hog of toolbar)

Thanks for consideration of this enhancement request and for such a great program and forum.
Attachments
formatting on portrait monitor.png
formatting on portrait monitor.png (113.85 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
editor tools - comparison.png
editor tools - comparison.png (425.15 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
JG

Re: suggestion . formatting toolbar inside editable modules (preferably with shortcut keys access)

Post by JG »

If you make the bookview a floating one then the format bar will attach to that view.
There are also many shortcut keys you can use for most of the buttons.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
kenfhill84083

Re: suggestion . formatting toolbar inside editable modules (preferably with shortcut keys access)

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:32 pm If you make the bookview a floating one then the format bar will attach to that view.
There are also many shortcut keys you can use for most of the buttons.
Thanks for the info.

At this point I'll probably just dock the toolbar at the bottom instead of the top since my most-used module is down there, in the right column. I may also float the toolbar sometimes.

"shortcuts" . I had consulted the Help file but had found only a few basic shortcuts such as Ctrl+B for bold. I now see there are shortcuts displayed in tool tips for some of the buttons.

BTW . In Help, Ctrl+Shift+P seems to be assigned both to (1) right-to-left paragraph and (2) focus on font size combo box. Here, (1) is what functions when pressing the shortcut.

It would be helpful if there were shortcuts for bullets, indents, and numbers. Maybe Format Painter.
JG

Post by JG »

Not sure what has happened with the
CTRL+SHIFT+P Right-To-Left paragraph Does not appear to be working. Maybe we changed the keys?
CTRL+SHIFT+P Focus the font size combo box, if the book view formatting toolbar is active
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet