word lookup always uses Mickelsons

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
mikeatnip

word lookup always uses Mickelsons

Post by mikeatnip »

Using Version 6, 1527.
Mickelson's Strong's Dictionary always shows up when using word lookup dictionary, even when not selected. I had it set for each module to use separate dictionaries (with no options checkmarked in the "All modules" option), but Mickelsons always showed no matter what options were selected. Switched to "Use the same dictionaries for all modules" and set it for BDAG. Now Mickelsons always shows but BDAG also shows.
At one time some months ago (don't remember if it was still with Version 5) things worked as they were supposed to.
Can the conf file be manually set on this?
jonathangkoehn

Re: word lookup always uses Mickelsons

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Perhaps it is set as your strongs dictionary in the Bible view options. You can try turning that off.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

That is what is happening. So, are the word lookup dictionaries and the Strong # lookup connected? If I turn off the Strong # lookup I get no word lookups at all. I had assumed they were entirely different options.
JG

Post by JG »

Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet