Scaling after Upgrade

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Adam_Cranford

Scaling after Upgrade

Post by Adam_Cranford »

I've gone a long while without really using the software, mostly been in hardcopies of everything. But I've picked up a new project that has me diving back in and I saw there was an upgrade.

I use the portable version and just drag it along with every computer upgrade so I never lose my custom configurations.

After upgrading to version 6 the scaling has gone a little crazy. The splashy loader is tiny. So are all the popup windows, to the point of being just barely readable with my nose almost touching the screen. All the default font sizes are quite small as well, though readable.

I'm running this currently on a Surfacebook 2. System scaling set at 200%. I pulled version 5 from a backup and ran it from the same folder, side-by-side with version 6. No scaling issues at all, everything is how I had it set, running from the same config.ini file.

Does anyone have any hints or clues for me to get version 6 readable?
Adam_Cranford

Re: Scaling after Upgrade

Post by Adam_Cranford »

Actually, nevermind. Right after posting I finally found a post that gave me the right clue. However, he did not provide the answer, so here it is.

Right Click on the .exe file

Properties

Compatibility

Change high DPI settings

Override high DPI scaling behavior.
Scaling performed by:
System
kenfhill84083

Re: Scaling after Upgrade

Post by kenfhill84083 »

Adam_Cranford wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:41 pm Right Click on the .exe file

Properties

Compatibility

Change high DPI settings

Override high DPI scaling behavior.
Scaling performed by:
System
Thanks. This trick fixed a problem I was having with another program that wasn't displaying correctly on my new laptop. :D