BSB @ Ps 50:13 - "flesh" not tagged correctly for Strongs #

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
kenfhill84083

BSB @ Ps 50:13 - "flesh" not tagged correctly for Strongs #

Post by kenfhill84083 »

At Ps 50:13 in BSB, the word "flesh" is tagged as Strongs H1319. But when I hover over the text the popup (in BTSK) says it is H1320 which makes more sense.

"Do I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?"
JG

Re: BSB @ Ps 50:13 - "flesh" not tagged correctly for Strongs #

Post by JG »

Is that an official module? What is the id and filename?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Is this the Berean Study Bible?
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:11 pm Is that an official module? What is the id and filename?
Now that you mention, it is probably not the official version. Jonathan sent me a tweaked copy via e-mail. So support may not apply here?

the info dialog says:
filename: Berean Study Bible.ont
ID : BSBBasic
v 1.6
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Greetings Kenfhill,
Perhaps check if the offical version is correct. If not we may need to contact the publisher.
If it is and yours is not hmms depends I don't remember what we did.
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

jonathangkoehn wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:37 am Greetings Kenfhill,
Perhaps check if the offical version is correct. If not we may need to contact the publisher.
I checked the BSB reverse interlinear and the BSB Hebrew interlinear. They both open lexicons to H1319, which does not seem right.

On further checking, however, in any of my BSB modules above, clicking the word for "flesh" opens to H1320 in BTSKt, but H1319 in M-Strong + most other resources I have.

Might that mean M-Strong is messed up somehow? I just downloaded M-Strong again and it is still behaving the same.

The Hebrew word seems to be pretty close in both H1319 and H1320 per BTSKt. (1319 is a verb ; 1320 is a noun - @ Ps 50.13 it should be a noun.)

1319 : Original: בּשׂר - Transliteration: Basar - Phonetic: baw-sar'
1320 : Original: בּשׂר - Transliteration: Basar - Phonetic: baw-sawr'
JG

Post by JG »

@Jonathan
It looks like the vowel pointing is being ignored, and so matches the first instance in the index?
Isn't word click set to Fuzzy match, and cannot be changed by user?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

kenfhill84083 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:45 pm
jonathangkoehn wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:37 am Greetings Kenfhill,
I checked the BSB reverse interlinear and the BSB Hebrew interlinear. They both open lexicons to H1319, which does not seem right.

On further checking, however, in any of my BSB modules above, clicking the word for "flesh" opens to H1320 in BTSKt, but H1319 in M-Strong + most other resources I have.

Might that mean M-Strong is messed up somehow? I just downloaded M-Strong again and it is still behaving the same.

The Hebrew word seems to be pretty close in both H1319 and H1320 per BTSKt. (1319 is a verb ; 1320 is a noun - @ Ps 50.13 it should be a noun.)

1319 : Original: בּשׂר - Transliteration: Basar - Phonetic: baw-sar'
1320 : Original: בּשׂר - Transliteration: Basar - Phonetic: baw-sawr'
Check what Word Click settings you have. Looks like you could have Lemma, last in the list? Don't you need that to be Strong's. Whatever the situation I think there is something wrong with the Lemma matching, appearing to ignore vowel pointing.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:13 am Check what Word Click settings you have. Looks like you could have Lemma, last in the list? Don't you need that to be Strong's. Whatever the situation I think there is something wrong with the Lemma matching, appearing to ignore vowel pointing.
Here are my settings
Attachments
word click options.png
word click options.png (10.09 KiB) Viewed 2346 times
JG

Post by JG »

Move Strong's to the bottom. Word click will sync on the underlying Strong's number.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:48 am Move Strong's to the bottom. Word click will sync on the underlying Strong's number.
Thanks. That seems to work.
Jacob11

BIB english translation word order Eph 2:15

Post by Jacob11 »

BIB Interlinear has word order problem in Eph 2:15 English translation

Coz their website text is fine. https://biblehub.com/bib/ephesians/2.htm

15ἐν (in) τῇ (the) σαρκὶ (flesh) αὐτοῦ (of Him), τὸν (the) νόμον (law) τῶν (-) ἐντολῶν (of commandments) ἐν (in) δόγμασιν (ordinances) καταργήσας (having annulled), ἵνα (so that) τοὺς (the) δύο (two) κτίσῃ (He might create) ἐν (in) αὑτῷ (Himself) εἰς (into) ἕνα (one) καινὸν (new) ἄνθρωπον (man), ποιῶν (making) εἰρήνην (peace);

but the module text lagging one word, and missing the last two words.
ἐν τῇ in σαρκὶ, of Him, αὐτοῦ, having annulled, τὸν the νόμον flesh τῶν the ἐντολῶν law ἐν - δόγμασιν of commandments καταργήσας ἵνα in τοὺς, man, δύο into κτίσῃ ordinances ἐν so that αὑτῷ He might create εἰς new ἕνα in καινὸν Himself ἄνθρωπον one ποιῶν the εἰρήνην two

I dont wanna make a new topic. Kindly fix this.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Biblehub unfortunately is not the source of the Berean Study Bible. So this may be an adjustment/fix they made Biblehub made. We need to stick with the original from the publisher. Do you see similar information here? https://berean.bible/downloads.htm

If you can verify this then we can look into contacting the publisher. Unfortunately we just don't have the time to chase down all these corrections. That would be a great help. The information may be in free downloads.
Jacob11

Post by Jacob11 »

Jonathan,

I don't care about the correction on this verse, but I just upgraded the new BIB module and the default setting on it is "with transliteration", it was not like that. Now it messes up with the Apostolic interlinear ABP coz I used to press R to fix the ugly orange colour English to maroon, which you did for me. The BIB is not in harmony with that setting. Now in the book window for the mouse hover popup view, I have ABP and BIB together, so it will either show the annoying unnecessary transliteration in BIB; Or the ugly orange English in ABP. It is so annoying. I wish i hadn't updated. There should be an option to go back to the previous version.

Can you just fix the ugly ABP font colour by default and make it maroon, without needing to press R? It will be so great.

see: https://pasteboard.co/vSC3t1GobwCY.png

----
On the Byzantin Majority Robinson module, Ulrik from github who maintains it has replied that he will remind Robinson to provide the text for open format, right now it's just in pdf. He said to remind again "if nothing happens within a reasonable time-frame.", so kindly someone mail him to remind it in future again. His latest edition contain the apparatus which contains all new changes from NA28 and ECM