Manual and FAQ

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
skaravanic

Re: Manual and FAQ

Post by skaravanic »

by the way, I don't speak or read Greek either!
skaravanic
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

There is nothing different with theWord in Greek windows.
You should be able to install and run in any language, be it in English or Greek.
I need more details on this. Also the version of windows?
Costas
skaravanic

Post by skaravanic »

I don't know what version and I don't have the computer with me now. I am hoping to get them to bring it to the States when they come in August and see if I can get it fixed. I had installed TW before he did the Greek windows, and didn't have time to find out what went wrong. They live in Athens and I in California. Maybe I will post again then. Thanks.
Shirley
skaravanic
Rodrigo Samy

Post by Rodrigo Samy »

Hi Costas,
thank you again and again!

It would be possible to create an offline version of the Manual and FAQs? I think in something similar in structure as some Bible html hyperlinked and zipped files, through which we can easily navigate offline. For me and, I think, for many people, this is a major issue. I've not time in the web to consult the Manual.

Thank you very much.
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

Hello, Rodrigo. There's two offline alternatives to the online manual available at http://www.theword.net/index.php?articl ... &l=english, as a PDF or a CHM file.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
Rodrigo Samy

Post by Rodrigo Samy »

Hi, Rubio. Thank you very much. Sometimes, things are under our noses and we don't see them...

So, let me ask Costas: Why not include the .chm file in the installation "pack" of The Word? Doing so, the beginners could have help since the beginning, and it seems an easy task to do, not much time consuming. For until we don't know how to work with the Word, it seems a little bit confusing - a lot of windows, which we can put wherever and we do not yet know what to do with them. After knowing... we have no more words, every needed thing is possible!
JG

Post by JG »

Rodrigo Samy wrote:Hi, Rubio. Thank you very much. Sometimes, things are under our noses and we don't see them...

So, let me ask Costas: Why not include the .chm file in the installation "pack" of The Word? Doing so, the beginners could have help since the beginning, and it seems an easy task to do, not much time consuming. For until we don't know how to work with the Word, it seems a little bit confusing - a lot of windows, which we can put wherever and we do not yet know what to do with them. After knowing... we have no more words, every needed thing is possible!
I can save Costas some time on this one.
The chm file is included in the Main English Package, as stated in the contents on the site
Main English package (~35MB)
Start here if unsure. This is the official distribution
This package includes all available interface translations as well as the help file.
The decision to only include the chm file in this package was give careful thought.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Rodrigo Samy

Post by Rodrigo Samy »

Dear Jon,
I apologize. When I first made the download of the program, I get the Small English Package - but I did not remember more that there was a Main English one. Generally I have little time to navigate throughout the site, but... next time I will search out prior to post a question.
Thanks again.
dinesh

how to increase font size?

Post by dinesh »

hi..

I have created a bible module in Telugu (2nd highest spoken language in India, about 77million people), my text appears to be very small, i want to increase the font size.
is there any other way than changing windows dpi setting.. how can i increase the bible text size..
csterg
Site Admin

Re: how to increase font size?

Post by csterg »

dinesh wrote:hi..

I have created a bible module in Telugu (2nd highest spoken language in India, about 77million people), my text appears to be very small, i want to increase the font size.
is there any other way than changing windows dpi setting.. how can i increase the bible text size..
Actually there are many ways to do that.
You can increase the font size as a a user (e.g. zoom in), or you can set a larger font size just for the module.
To do the last one, add the following:

Code: Select all

font.size=+2
To see how to change font size as a user, please click on the 'Google Search' link at the top and enter 'font size' in the search box, you will find several topics,
Costas
Bertus

Post by Bertus »

Hi . . .

The helpfile / manual is only available in English ?
JG

Post by JG »

Bertus wrote:Hi . . .

The helpfile / manual is only available in English ?

http://www.theword.net/index.php?articl ... &l=english
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Bertus

Post by Bertus »

Spanish and Finnish . . . not in Dutch . . . :roll:
Last edited by Bertus on Sun May 27, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JG

Post by JG »

Costas will I am sure provide some direction here when he has time.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Well, translating the manual is a big job, and it can only be done from a volunteer.