Volunteer needed to complete Japanese translation of theWord

For translators. Undertake the job to translate to your language, report translation errors here. Co-ordinate with other working on a translation of the program.
csterg
Site Admin

Volunteer needed to complete Japanese translation of theWord

Post by csterg »

Hi all,
the Japanese translation of theWord has been started and has been completed up to a good point, but it has been left unfinished for a long time. If anyone can take up this or knows of somone that can finish it up it will be great,
Thank you,
Costas
dave7laurence

Re: Volunteer needed to complete Japanese translation of the

Post by dave7laurence »

Hi Costas,
I'm a relatively new user of the Word and am a first year Bible College student in Australia. I was brought up in Japan so am possibly able to help with this task. I'm very interested in any resources that can be made available in Japanese so would love to see the Word in Japanese, but I'm not the most computer literate, so that may be an obstacle. We're just coming up to our summer break so hopefully I will have some time to work on this.
Love in Christ,
Dave McIntyre
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Volunteer needed to complete Japanese translation of the

Post by csterg »

Dave,
this is fantastic! After a long time, there is someone that can read/write Japanese.
The work here has to do with the translation of the program itself. Someone started this work, but it's half-finished and quite old. Translating theWord in another language will take you some time, but will make it accessible to many more people. If you feel you can help out, please send me an email to 'root at theword dot net'
Costas