1420 Downloader

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
JG

Re: 1420 Downloader

Post by JG »

Try deleting the Gill module and restart theWord and download again.

Also can you tell me what setting you have in 'Wine configuration' Applications tab -> Windows Version. I have mine set at Windows 8
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

If that fails to change anything, could you zip and upload your config.ini file that is in your personal files folder.
Thanks
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Ha! I had thought the issue was with the id. I did some searching and Gill had the same identifier as my Bible Knowledge Commentary, both being C9. So I change BKC to bkc9, restarted TW and everything is playing! God is so good.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Great!!!
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I have another issue with the Downloader. I purchased The Expository Notes of Dr. Thomas L. Constable on 6/16/2011 and it is installed and shows in the Define Modules, but the Downloader does not "see" it and says it needs to be installed. Just thought you ought to know.

Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Curiosity question - does the Downloader go by the "official" spelling of a modules name or something else? I will delete the install module and re install and not change spelling and see if it still shows.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

DarrelW wrote:I have another issue with the Downloader. I purchased The Expository Notes of Dr. Thomas L. Constable on 6/16/2011 and it is installed and shows in the Define Modules, but the Downloader does not "see" it and says it needs to be installed. Just thought you ought to know.

Darrel
I will need to check that
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

DarrelW wrote:Curiosity question - does the Downloader go by the "official" spelling of a modules name or something else? I will delete the install module and re install and not change spelling and see if it still shows.
The installer uses the module IDs to identify modules.
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

So it does go by the spelling of the official name. I re-installed Constable and now the Downloader shows that module as being installed.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

DarrelW wrote:So it does go by the spelling of the official name. I re-installed Constable and now the Downloader shows that module as being installed.
No, the names are indifferent. Is it possible that you had a pre-release version?
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I'm not sure about the prerelease. I know I purchased it. If it was prerelease and I downloaded it again would that have downloaded the official version? I am showing the old version as 13.1 mb and the new one 13.8 mb.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

This is very interesting. As I look further at the Downloader it shows IVP OT AND NT as not purchased and yet I have purchase receipts and download link for both of them. Plus they are installed and functional in TW.
JG

Post by JG »

Costas,

Is this because the actual modules are hidden in the database file and only the composed installer is 'visible' that contains two modules. If so the same situation would exist for any installer that has more than one module. So similar effect is seen with other modules like REB, or if you have all the NICOTNT modules all the sets still show as needing download
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JG wrote:Costas,

Is this because the actual modules are hidden in the database file and only the composed installer is 'visible' that contains two modules. If so the same situation would exist for any installer that has more than one module. So similar effect is seen with other modules like REB, or if you have all the NICOTNT modules all the sets still show as needing download
This is correct. Hm, i need to think about that, interesting.
Yet the Constable's modules is a single module.
JG

Post by JG »

Without thinking... could it be to do with the sample module?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software