Get footnote pop up to stay on screen after removing curser;

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
Jozinky

Get footnote pop up to stay on screen after removing curser;

Post by Jozinky »

Dunno if everyone can use this interesting trick; You know when you hover over a cross ref in Bible view you get a pop up window that displays the verse or commentary/footnote. Now if the note is a bit lengthy, you have leave the curser inside that window. Once you move it out the pop up makes like Houdini or if you prefer, Copperfield goes >poof<... aw gone. I personally don't care for that. So I was monkeying around with things this morning and found this trick quite by accident. But you should have an onscreen keyboard to do it. Otherwise you will have to keep pressing the ''shift'' key all the time and it will still work and it really works like a charn. Follow steps;

* Open TW to any passage make sure there are cross refs/commentary you can work with.

* Open on screen keyboard. If you dont have one you'll havto hold down the shift key manually. Click on the ''Shift'' or hold down with your finger.. or a toe if you prefer that challenge.. Now all you do is move ye curser inside yiz pop up window and... Voila. Pop up window won't pop back down until you click the ''shift'' off with the on screen k'bd or remove whatever you're using to hold it down. Does all that make sense ? I'm still fiddling around to see what else I can dig up. All comments/suggestons welcome even if they are negative.

Jozinky
JG

Re: Get footnote pop up to stay on screen after removing cur

Post by JG »

Great tip, thanks for sharing.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

What I do is that I keep a small (resized) undocked personal book window that I have built for this purpose. When I get a pop up, I do a select all Ctrl+A on it and move the content with the mouse to an already available topic (also built for this purpose). There I have my content which retains formatting and active links and references in case there are any. The benefit of this approach is that I can paste or move other content there and reuse it if necessary.
Leoram
JG

Post by JG »

Another nice tip. I use this idea also. I call it my "Scratch Pad"
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

The other tip from Jozinky is also nice :)
Leoram