Pasting date of entry into notes

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
royhieatt

Pasting date of entry into notes

Post by royhieatt »

Hi Costas and Jon,

Does the word processor incorporated into the program have the capability to paste in the current date? For example in WordPerfect “Control-D” pastes in the current date at the cursor location. This would be especially useful in an individual’s notes module. As you well know a person’s note on a given scripture could be a couple decades old, and while not critical knowing the date of the entry it does have its benefits.

For example:

“A person who “talks the talk,” but doesn’t “walk the walk” is a hypocrite. That is what Jesus Christ called the Pharisees in Mat 23:13-29.
Revised: August 25, 2017”

Thanks,

Roy
JG

Re: Pasting date of entry into notes

Post by JG »

Roy there is a feature in the current public release. Current manual does not show it, but here is an extract from an updated manual I have for release.
There aren't any shortcuts to insert the snippet, but once you have used an item, it should appear on the insert menu.

0001 Jon theWord_2017-08-25_172106.png
0001 Jon theWord_2017-08-25_172106.png (38.24 KiB) Viewed 1775 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
royhieatt

Post by royhieatt »

Thanks Jon,

That will work nicely, and save a lot of key strokes.

Really appreciate your knowledge of the program and the great job you are doing.

Roy
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

JG wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:31 pm There aren't any shortcuts to insert the snippet, but once you have used an item, it should appear on the insert menu.
Great info. Thanks.

Any chance a keyboard shortcut could be added for this? I avoid the mouse as much as possible in the interest of efficiency.

My usual shortcut for (right-click) context menus is the windows standard shift+F10 - but in TW that works the same as plain F10 - to open a Bible search view.

If I could use shift+F10 to access the context menu or a specific shortcut key it would simplify this and several other context-menu functions in my notes modules.