dialog to migrate notes from v2.

For translators. Undertake the job to translate to your language, report translation errors here. Co-ordinate with other working on a translation of the program.
halbe

dialog to migrate notes from v2.

Post by halbe »

Dear Costas,

A question about the dialog to migrate notes from v2.
[TfrmMigrateV2Notes]
lblQuickHelp.Caption='In version 2, all your notes were stored in a file named ''user.edb'' that existed in the program''s installation folder (by default this was "c:\Program Files\The Word"). Click ''Browse'' to select a file from another location.'
cmdBrowse.Hint='Click here to choose the folder and name of the new file'
The lblQuickHelp.Caption says that the "Browse" button should be used to locate the old "user.edb" file from a location different from the default program's installation folder.
The cmdBrowse.Hint (that is displayed when one hovers the mouse over the same Browse button) says that the Browse button should be used to choose the folder and name of the new file.

Is the cmdBrowse.Hint correct?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Well, in my mind is correct, but obviously this is not the best way to say. I changed the following:

Code: Select all

cmdBrowse.Hint='Click here to choose a ''user.edb'' file to import personal notes from. If there is a ''user.edb'' file in the default program''s folder, then it should be already selected here.'
The idea is this:
When the dialog is being displayed, the 'user.edb' file in the program's folder is automatically selected (if it's there). The user can select another one with the 'Browse' button.
What i wanted to say to the user is "you should probably do nothing here, since the 'user.edb' in the program's folder is probably the one that you want to import notes from".

Does it make sense?
Costas
halbe

Post by halbe »

Yes it makes sense.

The new cmdBrowse.Hint is very clear.

Thanks!

Halbe